Monday 1 October 2012

Who Was Who Is Who #40

So for want of anything better to write about on a Monday, I'm going to go through all my copies of Who's Who and see if I can predict who will make it over to the new DCU by the end of 2012, who might make it and who hasn't got a Shimmer's chance.

THE SECRET SOCIETY OF SUPER-VILLAINS - there's been a couple of big gatherings of super-villains over the last few years, particularly in Infinite Crisis, Justice League of America and Final Crisis but I don't think they've ever reached the heights of the the late 70s grouping. Will they continue to band together in the New 52? Probably, but I doubt the somewhat cheesy name will be retained. Either way, I doubt it will be before year's end.




SENSEI - for a while part of the League of Assassins, I guess his possible appearance in the New 52 depends on whether I'm right about Ra's al Ghul appearing at the end of Justice League #6. I'm not confident enough of that, so I'm going for a no.

SENSOR GIRL - one of the Legionnaires, I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge to predict whether or not she'll be around before the end of the year. Dave Sopko, the official COEP Legion go to guy,says "Still around, offscreen at the moment. Unfinished sub plot with her and Karate Kid. Probably will not be seen for a while, not this year anyway."

SGT ROCK - hmmm, tricky one here as the soon to be cancelled (I'm writing this in April) Men of War has featured Frank Rock's grandson who, as far as I can see, is also a sergeant. I guess that earns him an in place position.

SERIFAN - as I've said for all the other Forever People, I really don't think we'll be seeing these guys again. They're very definitely a product of their time, I think.


7 SOLDIERS OF VICTORY - the team were revived a few years back in Grant Morrison's mega-story and while some of the characters (Shining Knight for example) have kinda made it through into the New 52, I don't think the team itself has.

THE SHADE - another one who's made it into the post-Flashpoint world despite his maxi-series not technically being part of the New 52.

SHADE THE CHANGING MAN - in place as a member of Justice League Dark.

SHADOW LASS - apparently in place in the pages of Legion of Super Heroes according to the all-knowing internet.

SHADOW THIEF - one of Hawkman's few worthwhile foes, I'm sort of thinking I read something about the Shadow Thief coming back in the pages of Savage Hawkman but that could be my memory playing up. I'll put him in the possibles for now.

SHAGGY MAN - despite Grant Morrison's admittedly brilliant use of the Shaggy Man as host for General Wade Eiling's mind in the pages of JLA, I don't think we need to worry about him returning.

SHAKIRA - the Warlord's friend and familiar; at the moment (April, remember) there's still no word on the fate of Skataris so I'm guessing we won't be seeing her.

THE SHARK - while Green Lantern's history has remained largely unaffected by Flashpoint and the New 52, there's so much going on in space with Lantern at the moment that I doubt we'll see this old GL villain any time soon.

SHAZAM - while we only caught a glimpse of the old wizard in the first Shazam! back-up in Justice League #7, it's enough to earn him an in place.

SHIMMER - brother of Mammoth and one of the Fearsome Five, I don't think they'll be showing up.

SHINING KNIGHT - while Sir Justin may not be around any longer, Ystina is definitely fighting the good fight in the pages of Demon Knights which is enough for him/her to make the in place list.



So in summary five already in place (Sgt Rock, The Shade, Shade the Changing Man, Shazam and the Shining Knight) no definite predictions and one possible (Shadow Thief)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails